Translate

Saturday 1 October 2011

Bargain buys

I have been trying to go to the gym regularly now for the past seven months. I decided to join one next to work so i wouldn't get lazy and not go after work if I joined the gym near home. I haven't been too bad actually as going with a buddy does help. Well, I'm trying not to think about the recent 5 week lapse. I'm getting back on it. 


I don't know if anyone else has the same problem, but my my gym bag seems to be really heavy with products - I carry around so much stuff other than just the gym kit such as shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, crams, lotions, makeup etc. I did use to carry small decanted bottles around me but somehow the fuller size products seem to have creeped back into my bag. 


Anyway, as I don't want to take my expensive things to the gym with me, I have come across some real beauties that are dirt cheap. So here are a few of my proud finds:



This cost freakin' 99p! Amazing stuff. It leaves my hair soft and clean and smelling lovely. I haven't tried out the conditioner, but I tend to use my Moroccan oil after coming out of the shower anyway so that works as my conditioner. 

I am pretty fussy with my hair, with all the dyeing and blow drying damage, and I think this stuff works great


Contains Organic Rosehip Oil, and other things to help brighten the eye area. I have to say, it does help. I love how it easily sinks into my skin after the shower and brighten it to make me look fresh-eyed. I don't know if it does anything more that provide a temporary cosmetic effect as I have been using it only a couple weeks now, but I really like the effect it gives. Bargain at £2.49 considering the most I have spent on an eye cream has been over £80 and did crap all to improve the dark circles around my eyes.



I had initially bought this because I wanted easy to wear eye shadows and a good black. Most of the bottom ones have broken beyond repair due to it travelling in overnight bags etc. So I thought I'd have it in my gym make up bag for those times I go out straight after a workout. They are very well pigmented and I find that they apply really well with just my fingertips. These palettes are great value for money at under seven quid. 


So these are my bargain finds. I would really be interested to know what people take to the gym with them so that it will give me inspiration on how to pack lightly!


Side note: I never thought I'd say this ever, but I really enjoy the gym and I can see a big difference in my mood if I haven't been for a while. To be honest I probably am not doing enough to actually lose weight as my diet and general lifestyle is still rubbish, but when I feel down, down a strong coffee and spending twenty minutes on the treadmill really helps bring things to perspective. 


Hope you enjoy your weekend what ever you do.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment