Translate

Sunday 5 December 2010

M Moroccanoil

I haven't written here for a while. For no dramatic reason; things just got in the way, been away a couple of the weekends, and haven't felt much up to writing stuff. Might get my 'mojo' back soon, maybe. I might write about it all at some point.

Anyway, today I wanted to write aboutone of my most recent discoveries - Moroccan oil. Yes, I have jumped on the bandwagon pretty late, and I am sure most of you already have this as a staple hair care product. Those few of you that haven't yet - GO AND GET SOME!

I picked mine up from my hairdressers. This brand, seems to specifically for salons and maybe that is why it works so well. Salon hair products always seem to have better ingredients (and are more dearer) than the ones from shops. This cost me, I think, £12.50 for 25ml. I have been using the same hairdresser for years and years, and have followed her to the salons she ended up in over the years. I trust her with my hair and she doesn't try and pressure me to buy products from her. She used the MoroccanOil shampoo and conditioner, and then put some of the Oil Treatment into my damp hair. She did the rest of her usual magic, and I came out of the salon with super soft, bouncy hair.

I thought I would buy the smallest bottle to see if I can get the same effect at home. And I'm happy to say that it does. My bottle is pretty small (about the size of my palm) but I've been told that this should last me months even if I use it every day as you only need a small amount.

Basically what Moroccan oil does is conditions the hair, gives it a healthy shine, and and protects it from environmental pollutants around you. It's main ingredient is Argan oil which restores damaged hair and heals split ends. Its is also packed with vitamins such as Omega 6, Vitamin A and E.

I have been pretty lucky with my hair. When I was younger, my mum would massage Pure Silvkrin Hair Tonic into our scalps after we had a bath. About twice a week it was coconut oil and the horrendously stinky Amala Hair oil. I believe it was my mother's strict hair regime that allowed me to have total disregard for the maintenance of my hair throughout my teenage years, and up until last year. I have been dyeing my hair since I was 14 - in every colour you can think of. I blow dried it every day and never used any heat protectants. Only in the last couple of years, my hair started showing signs of damage because of some very dramatic highlights.

I have dyed my hair to black again until my hair gets restored and this oil is the thing that is going to help me. This oil has all the benefits of the products my mother forced on us when we were younger, but without the smell and heaviness of texture. I LOVE this stuff. This does not leave my hair greasy in the slightest. In fact my hair still feels and looks soft and fresh the next day, and part of the day after (with a bit of Batiste dry shampoo on the roots towards the end of the second day).

Get this stuff people. I really understand what the whole fuss is about now!




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment