Translate

Sunday 26 September 2010

Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisteriser

A sample of this was put in my last online Liz Earle order. I have a whole bunch of moisturisers to go through, and wasn't particularly excited about this one. For one, my skin is dry-combi, and this one is marketed for oily/combi skin so really isn't catered for me. Secondly,  it hasn't got SPF in it, and I've turned into a bit of a godzilla about it these days. 
 


I was going to pass this to my sister as I thought it wouldn't be suitable for me. But as the tube was lying on my dresser one morning, I thought I'd give it a quick try..... and my skin likes it.


It contains a whole bunch of natural Ingredients:
  • Avocado Oil - good source of vitamin E, magnesium and linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid and leaves the skin smooth and soft.
  • Beta-carotene - has antioxidant properties.
  • Borage Oil - Romans because of its use in treating depression. This oil is one of the richest sources of the essential fatty acid GLA (gamma linolenic acid), which helps to lock moisture onto the skin.
  • Coco-caprylate/caprate - is a light emollient oil makes it an ideal base oil when an almost dry non-greasy finish is desired.
  • Pro-vitamin B5 - helps stimulate cellular renewal.
  • Echinacea Extract - been used widely in herbal preparations ever since for anything ranging from colds and flu to skin conditions.
  • Glycerin –it attracts water, drawing atmospheric water onto the skin to aid hydration.
  • Hops Extract -  has astringent and toning properties.
  • Vitamin E - helps protect skin against free radical damage caused by pollution and the sun’s radiation.
  • Wheatgerm Oil -  contains high levels of vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant.
Its really, really light which is ideal for my current skincare regime. I really wish I had discovered it during summer when the sun was scorching and I didn't need anything too thick on my face.


 


Currently, I'll tone and then use a serum ( about three days a week), then put on this moisturiser. It immediately sinks into my skin, leaving it feeling feel smooth, plump and alive. As my skin is initially dry in the morning, then gets oily around the t-zones towards the end of the day, I always felt that I had to used a rich cream. Maybe I do, but despite this moisturiser being very light, my skin doesn't feel tight after use. I've been at home all day and my skin still feels and looks fresh, and the t-zone is not too bad. 


Plus the smell is so delicious and soothing. I feel like my senses are stimulated when I massage this over my face and take the smell in. It is a lovely experience. Of course, when I go out, I'll slap on an spf on top of the moisturiser if the foundation I'm wearing on the day does not have it. The moisturiser starts off from £6.50 from their website.


p.s I didn't give this to my kid sister in the end, but I don't feel too guilty 'cos she can take what ever of mine she wants anyway!


Related articles by Zemanta
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment