Translate

Sunday 5 September 2010

Beauty Bloggers Backstage - 7 questions with Retrovidasbeauty

Hello, 

This is a long overdue post.

LiAnne from Sparklecrack Central has a site called the Beauty Bloggers Backstage which provides beauty bloggers an opportunity to get to know each other better.

I was given the pleasure to ask seven questions to Meredith, the mega-brains behind retrodivasbeauty. I've posted my questions, and her answers below.

If you want to join  Beauty Bloggers Backstage, have a look at this site for more details.

1. I am obsessed with getting flawless skin. Any recommendations?
I'm the girl that will always tell you to spend far more on skin care than you do on makeup. I think everyone should be exfoliating at least twice a week, and microdermabrasion is my new obsession. There are so many great kits out there that don't cost a week's paycheck.


2. How long have you been blogging for and what got you into blogging?
It's hard to believe that I've been blogging since 2007. I went to college for journalism, and decided that since the print world was dying, I needed to find another way to make my living. So I went in a completely opposite direction and took up blogging as my creative/writing outlet. It's turned out to be an amazing journey full of wonderful people and exciting opportunities.


3. What is your favourite foundation, mascara and blusher?
I adore Make Up For Ever's HD foundation, and have recently discovered Revlon's Photo Ready foundation which is a close second. My go-to mascara has always been DiorShow, but I am also loving Flirt!'s new It Curl formula. For blush, no one beats Nars - it might be expensive, but it lasts forever and always gives the best color payoff. I'm a huge fan of the Crazed shade.


4. How do you get rid of blemishes / acne scars?
Salicylic acid, every day, at a 2% concentration. That is the only way to banish blemishes for me, and microdermabrasion really helps with older scars and discolorations.


5. Have you found any eye creams that actually helps get rid of dark circles?!
No. But when I do, I will be telling absolutely everyone about it. However, the closest I have found is Erno Lazslo's pHelitone Eye Treatment. It has vitamin C in it, which really does help a little bit. Bliss also makes a fabulous eye cream that helps called Youth as We Know It Eye Cream. Wonderful stuff. But the secret to getting rid of dark circles is concealer - the absolute best is Cle de Peau. You will never, ever use another concealer again.


6. Do you wear sunscreen over your moisturiser but under your foundation? Does it cause any problems with keeping makeup in place when you do use the sunscreen?
I am a sunscreen fanatic, so I use it every day. I try to find products with sunscreen already in it so that it doesn't add another step to my routine, but that doesn't always work. However, I've found Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer sunscreen that feels like a light layer.


7. Where is the best place to shop for beauty products in the US - Virginia Beach and New York?
We don't have much of anything here in Virginia Beach! Just a Sephora at the local mall. However, heading up to New York is a totally different story - so many brand boutiques, such as Lancome and Mac, plus amazing department stores with unique and different beauty lines. Barneys is probably my favorite, with Saks Fifth Avenue coming in a close second. Beauty junkies shouldn't miss Space NK, Bergdorf Goodman, Aedes de Venustas for fragrance, Bond No. 9 for unique NYC-inspired fragrance, and Rickys NYC for fun.


Check out their website, they are both very good

No comments:

Post a Comment