Translate

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Fluid Foundation

The first foundation I ever used was a Maybelline stick I used way back in university. I loved it back then but have no clue what it is called. I don't think they make that one anymore anyway. Since then, I don't think I paid much attention to foundations. I have used the Mac studio fix and the Mac one in a compact (forget the name), but boy did they clog up my skin and break me up. To be honest, I can't think of what else I've been using all these years (I have of course, dabbled in mineral foundation also). These days, I have seemed to accumulate a few now, but the one I want to talk about today is my most expensive foundation:
What is claims to do:
This fluid foundation revives tired, dull complexions. Its fluid texture, containing moisturisers*, ensures maximum comfort for the skin. Presented in a pump-action bottle, VITALUMIÈRE fluid delivers the ideal amount for a single application. Your complexion appears visibly rested, its vitality and luminosity are restored. The light texture of VITALUMIÈRE fluid gives a slightly satin finish, for a radiant, natural, youthful-looking makeup.
According to preference, apply VITALUMIÈRE fluid with a sponge, or dab over the face with the fingertips and blend lightly for a perfectly natural and even finish. Finish by powdering lightly to fix the makeup.
* Moisturises by impregnating the upper layers of the epidermis



It costs £30.65, for 30ml/1 fl.oz, and contains an spf of 15, which was what basically sold me in the end. I am currently obsessed with using anything that has spf in it. I was matched by the Selfridges lady in No. 40 Beige (Intensity 2??) The texture is a somewhat 'watery' consistency (although not as much as the Mac face & body foundation) and I have to work quite quickly with it as it sinks into my skin pretty fast. But this may be because I have dry skin.

The wierd thing is that it blends to a matt finish on my face, but half hour later, it changes and I get his 'dewey' look. Its really odd. My biggest problem is that its taken me ages to figure out how to apply this foundation. I don't want to waste the product by using a sponge, a brush makes it all streaky and I feel I use far too much if I use my fingers. In the end, the best way to deal with it is with the Mac stippling brush (which by the way I don't think is THAT great). I end up using over two pumps, a lot of which dries up at the back of my hand  before I have the chance to apply it on the brush and I do find that it takes longer to put this foundation on. Maybe I still haven't figured out the best way.

After a little while, my skin looks like its drenched with moisture, especially around my t-zones. To be honest, I don't think it lasts very long and it seems to come rub off the moment I touch my face (which is pretty embarrassing when I hand a paper to my boss with suspicious looking light brown stains) . I don't tend to powder my face throughout the day, but with this I feel like I need to or else I look too shiny. I am a bit annoyed that I spent so much on something I think is just okay. But its one of those foundations that has good ingredients in it and maybe I just haven't figured out how to use it. However, if I am going out straight after work, and reapply this foundation over the morning stuff, I have had complements on on skin. Maybe its more for an evening look, and too much for the daytime. Which is also odd because its a more of a light/sheer coverage (medium on second application).

Update: Whilst I was on holiday last week, I wore the clinique face cream which had SPF 30, and their 'cityblock' with another spf30. But I forgot to use anything for the rest of my body - so I have this healthy (albeit very) tanned body but my face the normal shade. So when I put this foundation today, my face just looked 'ghost-like' compared to the rest of my body which had a rather healthy glow! I have no idea how's I'm going to rectify this and bring my body and face to the same colour.


I really wanna like this foundation, but I just do not know what I'm doing wrong - or whether it simply does not compliment my skin. I'm going to try it with my Laura Mercier primer tomorrow to see if that makes any difference - hopefully it will make the application easier

No comments:

Post a Comment