Translate

Sunday 21 March 2010

Eyes for tea

I went for tea, toast and cakes with a friend's mother yesterday. This lady is just about to hit her retirement age, but she is always so impeccably dressed and her make up is never out of place. So of course I needed to make sure I looked presentable around her. I wore a dress from Warehouse which was multiple swirls of grey, black and brown. I combined this with a black belt, a long knitted grey grandad-style cardigan, leggings and flat black boots. I was planning to take a picture of the outfit but I was already running 45 minutes late so had to run out of the door.

For my eyes, I did my usual everyday routine, usually with the following products

This is how the look tends to come out (I have taken the pictures with and without flash, apologies for the quality of the photos, the lighting in my room is pants):
So.. here is how i use the products:

  1. pout translucent pressed powder: over whole eyelid after applying a bit of concealer. As a powder it is far too light and chalky for me, so I make use of it as a ‘primer’
  2. nyx jumbo eyeshadow pencil (in yoghurt):blended all over the lid as base
  3. Stila eyeshadow (in ray) all over lid and just above crease
  4. Bobbi brown nude on nude shimmer eye shadow palette: ‘wheat’ on crease,  ‘mahogany’ on the corner and blended thoroughly
  5. Mac eyeshadow (in ‘bisque’): used all over the lid to blend everything throroughly. This is the only non-shimmer product I use, so it helps tone down the look for daytime
  6. bobbi brown long-wear gel liner in ‘sepia ink 2’ to top and bottom of line, followed by ‘cement’ from the bobbi brown palette, to a third  of the way to the lower line.
  7. Maceyeshadow  (in ‘vanilla’): under brow bone to highlight
  8. e.l.f eyebrow kit dark
  9. N0 7 Extravagent lashes (in 01black). I do also curl my eyelashes, but I seem to have misplaced them at the moment.
The nyx pencil is a recent addition to this routine, but in general, this is my usual routine, just the eyeshadows change depending on the occasion.

We went to 'Richoux'. The waitress serving us was a bit nutty, but the food was just delicious. An eccentric older couple sat next to us and mentioned that they have been coming here for over 20 years. The man pulled out his iphone and I ended up downloading some applications for him! It was my first time there, but I can see it turning into a regular haunt for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment