Translate

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Current Eye Creams

I have severe, hereditary dark circles. I remember at my early years of secondary school, there was a girl working with Avon. My friends bought makeup and perfume ('Far and away' was the range back then, along with the original 'Charlie' perfume!)? Me? Well, I bought eye cream. Yep, I was obsessed with it even way back then. I am in denial that I am getting older and developing wrinkles. So I don't think about whether the eyecream helps reduce this. For me, its all about the dark circles.

Over the years, I have tried many, many products - cheap and expensive. Non of them made much difference. But I live in the hope that something will be a miracle cure for me. However, thought I'd mention the two I am currently using:
Daytime - Molton Brown 'Eye Rescue Ultracool' (£25)
I bought this one because i went to return a gift from their store that I didn't want. They offered an exchange so I thought I'd pick up this. It claims:
"This cooling cream-gel uses Algisium CTM marine extract and starflower to ease away fine lines and soothe the delicate eye area. Eyes look and feel refreshed and renewed. "

What is does is that that my eyes do feel cool when I apply it and keeps it moisterised. But that is literally all it does, I just don't think it is strong enough to combat my bruise-like eyes. But I think it comes in the most gorgeous packaging!
Nighttime - Origins 'High Potency Night-A-Mins eyecream (£29)
What it says:
"Formulated with extra vitamins (including B-complex, C, E and also A), extra minerals and an exfoliating extract to help skin repair while you sleep."
I think this is actually okay. However it is quite a creamy consistency and I wonder whether the heaviness of this is what is increasing the bags. But I do feel like something is happening when I apply it - I wouldn't mind repurchasing it if I haven't found anything else before my jar runs out.



Booster every few weeks - Talika Eye Therapy Patch (£34)
'An instant pick-me-up for reducing dark circles, puffiness and fine lines and wrinkles. Incorporating ceramide technology to instantly firm the eye area. Contains six pairs and one case, each patch is resuable three times'.
This is my most recent purchase, I've only used one pair of patches. When I put it on, I feel like i'm going through some surgical procedure - it feels so wierd! The convenient thing about it is that I can place these under my eyes and go about my day to day stuff around the house. I haven't noticed any results yet as its early days, will let you know how I get along.

One thing I do know is that these three products combined are not working for me. I'll have to change some around. Two products which showed any real, visible difference for me, have been the Aveda 'Tourmaline Charged Eye Creme' (£27) and Origins 'Eye Mask: No Puffery' (£19). I don't understand why I keep forgetting to repurchase them, once I've run out of the ones I already have, will make sure I stock up on these kids.

It will be quite a while though, as I just bought the Darphin 'Wrinkle Corrective Contour Cream' (£39) and have a HUGE, generous sample of the Natura Bisse 'Diamond Extreme Eye' to try out. Will keep you posted on how these go!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment